California is on the verge of instituting the toughest gun laws in the nation. They will ban all semi-automatic weapons, restrict magazines, limit the amount of ammunition you can buy and literally rip the Second Amendment to shreds. The new law will require the immediate confiscation of 166,000 sporting rifles. Darrell Steinberg, D-Sacramento, unveiled the gun control package at the state capital last Thursday.
Now, here’s the kicker. They plan on adding crimes that make someone ineligible from owning a gun, but it won’t apply to illegal aliens because it is a sanctuary state. They don’t turn in illegals for owning illegal guns, even if they are used in a crime. Earlier this year, Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats killed a bill that would lead to their deportation. No such allowance for American citizens.
The package includes:
- Banning the possession — not just manufacture and sale — of magazines holding more than 10 rounds.
- Making possession of hollow point bullets and similar “assault bullets” a felony.
- Requiring anyone wishing to buy ammunition to first get a permit by passing a background check.
- Requiring the registration and reporting of all ammo purchases. Limits the number of rounds anyone can have at one time to 500 rounds.
- Requiring all gun owners will have to be licensed like drivers, and will be forced to carry gun liability insurance.
- Banning any gun that has a detachable magazine, and requires a 100% prohibition of all fixed magazines greater than 10 rounds.
- Making all previous grandfathered magazines become illegal, and it will become a felony if you keep one.
- Prohibiting anyone barred from owning a weapon from living in a home where weapons are kept
- Expanding the list of crimes that would bar a person from gun possession.
- Letting the state Justice Department use money from the state’s Dealer’s Record of Sale system to eliminate the backlog of people identified as no longer allowed to own guns but not yet investigated and contacted by law enforcement.