Ghislaine Maxwell, longtime consort and madam for Jeffrey Epstein, has lived quietly the past three years with her tech CEO boyfriend in his three-million-dollar mansion. She rarely goes out and refuses interviews. After Epstein died, her freedom has become tenuous. Before, she could have made a deal to testify against Epstein, but with him gone, she becomes one of the prime targets, with no one to cooperate with authorities on. She still denies all of the allegations that are being made by the then-underage girls. Prosecutors are now readjusting their case and will decide whether to continue the case or to drop it.
Ghislaine Maxwell, long-time consort of Jeffrey Epstein and the alleged procurer of victims in his underage sex trafficking ring, has been laying low in a New England beach town, DailyMail.com has learned exclusively.
Maxwell, 57, is in a relationship with Scott Borgerson, 43, and has been living with him at his secluded oceanfront property at the end of a long private road in Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts.
The British socialite has been loath to leave the $3 million mansion, a source told DailyMail.com amid heightened focus on Epstein’s alleged co-conspirators following the convicted pedophile’s apparent suicide on Saturday.
‘She’s become a real homebody, rarely ventures out. She’s the antithesis of the woman who traveled extensively and partied constantly with Epstein,’ said a source familiar with Maxwell’s new life.
Little was known of Maxwell’s whereabouts since she was last seen publicly three years ago as a multitude of reports claimed she had been living abroad, perhaps in London.
Her former townhouse on the Upper East Side of Manhattan was sold for $15 million in 2016, by a company with the same address as Epstein’s New York office.
The spotlight has now swung to Maxwell, and other alleged co-conspirators of Epstein, following the convicted pedophile’s apparent suicide in a Manhattan jail cell on Saturday.
Attorney General Bill Barr issued a stark warning to Epstein’s cronies on Monday and made clear that federal investigators were coming for them.
‘Let me assure you that this case will continue on against anyone who was complicit with Epstein. Any co-conspirators should not rest easy,’ Barr said. ‘The victims deserve justice and they will get it.’